I received a lovely little comment the other day from girlaboutOttawa, nominating me for a Kreativ Blogger Award. This post is two fold, I first want to say a big thank you to her. Her blog lets everyone know about all things Ottawa- food, community, the arts and you can check it out right here.
Secondly, the award comes with a few ground rules to encourage us bloggers to continue spreading the smiles and to get to know each other better in the process... I find number 4 fairly amusing and would like to hear others lists.. which means I have to do it too. damn.
Here they are:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Alright, time for step 4... "list 7 (quirky) things about yourself people might find interesting," yikes.
Lets see what happens.
I like, ah... unique food combinations. Seriously, it can be a little excessive at times- I have salads down to a sceince and a deep rooted love for new variations of pizza. Last favourite was green curry pizza... I know. Wrap, green curry, chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, yellow pepper, tomato and fresh cilantro. It was ridiculous.
I am obsessed with having my nails painted. Well obsessed might be a bit of an over exaggeration, but I have gotten to the point that without some sort of ridiculous colour on my nails... they feel naked. Black, navy blue, grey, audrey blue, mint green, pink, gold, purple, you name it I have done it.. even green as an ode on St. Patricks day. The only colour I am still on the fence about is yellow, though I acknowledge it has been done, and done well.
In some regards, I am a bit of a scardy cat. I am not a huge fan of the dark (is anyone, I mean really?), I don't particularly enjoy swimming in dark water ( I realize that the fish are scared of me.. but there is always an exception to every rule, and I don't want that exception to bite me), and I have no desire to jump out of an airplane. You may say I lack luster, call me boring, or think I am being juvenile... and you know what I'm okay with that. I'm still scared of the dark.
Horseback riding was my life. I hope at some point (ahem, when I eventually have wheels) it will be again. I use to ride and take lessons multiple times a week, my summer weekends were consumed by competing. I've competed Hunter, Show Jumping, Cross Country, Dressage... Jumper has always been my favourite, though I have a great deal of respect for anyone trained in Dressage. Maybe this helps explain my love for tall leather boots and legging-esq pants... its been engrained in my sense I was little. My aunt recently bought a horse, which is due to foal in the near future...
I have a ridiculous collection of coats... it is borderline problematic. Only problematic in the sense that they take up far to much real estate in my already cozy apartment. I stand by my philosophical beliefs that you can never have to many coats.
I am involved in a love affair, with hot yoga. (sorry JD) I personally blame Shane for the introduction to this wonderful activity. I have never been "in" to yoga, never yearned to feel like a tree, or meditate in silence... to be honest I don't entirely have the patience for that; however, with no solid scientific explanation as to why hot yoga seems so much more appealing. I have so much love for http://www.mokshayogaottawa.com/. You should give it a try.
I am not a picky eater... I am willing to try anything once. To be honest I use to turn my nose up at quite a few things... tomatoes, olives, bacon (I still don't really like bacon to be honest. I think it's overrated) but this is no longer the case. I must attribute this to Justin (he fixed my perception of every day deliciousness), and to my friend Dan who broadened my culinary scope many times over last summer. Weirdest thing I have tried? Sitting in the kitchen of an amazing little restaurant in Toronto, after hours last summer I was privy to a pig roast. I ate a spoon of pig's brain with a dash of salt on top of it, right out of the oven. I think writing that sentence was more awkward then actually eating the pig brain.
Alright nominations, I will keep this brief because this is getting way out of hand. I may or may not be just interested in hearing 7 interesting things about these guys:
1. n(ot)art : Matt's blog is always brimming with random interesting things, he is one of my work colleagues, and fixes the internet for me when I break it. By fix it I mean I call him over, explain whatever my technical problem is, and then the problem magically fixes itself.
2. Razorblonde: now living it up in Toronto this girl has mad steez, a good eye, and possibly a small obsession with shoes, though that last one is entirely based upon observation. Her blog is wicked and if your into fashion then you should give it a peep.
3. SISC: or samurai in street clothes belongs to my cousin Geoff. He's a pretty talented guy that doesn't give himself enough credit. Some of his art is available at Slaysh, most of it is posted on his site. Enjoy!
4. ODB : party, fashion, gossip, shit talking, photos and accompanied by some words. This girl has some serious opinions and a lot of style, this blog is good stuff.
5. Wind and Sail: following the nautical happenings of Justin down in the bvi's. Sailing, racing, teaching, drinking rum, living on a sail boat... it's a tough jobs but someone has to do it.
6. tea cups and bubble baths: my source for all things cutesy. If you like the colour red, thirfting, diy's, adventures, hello kitty, and optimism this blog is for you.
7. the sugar shack : opinionated, wordy, musical- meet Jimmy. That's it.